Thursday, July 10, 2014

Youbar: Fresh, Customized Nutrition Bars

I do a lot of thinking and I realized that I have spent countless hours in the granola bar aisle trying to choose the best option available. I can't get this one because of the HFCS, I can't get that one because of the preservatives, and that one won't work because of the lack of fiber or protein or whatnot. To most, granola bars are an item you may just grab off of the shelf and move on. But due to my education and need to know the products available out there I have studied them all. I was thrilled to find a website that some of you may have heard about...youbars.com. 

YouBar is a website where you can literally customized and create your own nutrition bars from scratch. 

Choose the base, protein powder, nuts & seeds, dried fruits and berries, sweeteners, seasonings like chocolate, grains & cereals, and infusions. I couldn't help but play on the webiste adding this and taking out that. 
The nutrition label conveniently placed on the side of the website changes as you add or take things away from your own bar. Besides adding ingredients you can determine the amount included in the bar from fewer, average, or extra of an ingredient. My bars shipped on Monday and just arrived today! I busted one open and had at it. It was so good! Soft, chewy, sweet, and healthy. What did I include in my bar? 

My bar included the following:
  • Organic Dates (base)
  • Whey Protein
  • Dark Chocolate Chips
  • Organic Quinoa
  • Organic Agave Nectar
  • Organic Coconut
  • Blueberries
  • Organic Chia Seeds
  • Greens blend of green tea, spirulina, and chlorella
  • That's it!!!
I have the option to reorder the same bars or try something different next time. And the best part? I can create the name of my granola bar. What did I name it? "A Taste for Change". I thought about it long and hard and I came up with this name quite simply. Nothing will change unless you take a chance, take a risk, take a taste. Changes are easier to make when they are small. So take a taste of healthy living, good nutrition, and overall well-being to make a difference in your life. Well, it made sense to me! So why not check them out to see if it's something you would want to try.


2 comments: