Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Troubadour Coffee Roasters - Rethink Coffee

Yesterday my mom and I hit the gym, perused the local antique shops, and then happened upon a new coffee shop I've never been to before. Shh, don' tell the barista at Starbucks!

Troubadour Coffee Roasters


We parked in the back and walked back to the front of the store. Now my first impression of the shop? "This is sort of dumpy...and empty". I wasn't expecting much at all from it. The barista behind the counter welcomed us warmly and asked if we had ever been to there before. Upon acknowledgement of being first timers he explained the difference between his shop which has been open about a year and half and the chain coffee shops like Starbucks. Upon looking at his website I found some information I would like to share straight from their website.

"We are passionate about our coffee. We source our beans through three importers direct from the farms and cooperatives, we roast them on-site, and we make each beverage to order. We do not offer flavors, syrups, smoothies, frappes, meal-type foods or most typical coffee shop drinks, but for good reason. We are very focused on the quality aspect of our coffees and want you to experience coffee for the passion, craft and art of it.  Coffee is the seed of a fruit and if its grown, processed, roasted and brewed properly,  the results will be amazing and not bitter or burnt.  Why cover up the good?  Pure and simple and without attitudes or snobbery we challenge you to Rethink Your Coffee."

I must admit I was the first one to be skeptical. I've had so many bitter coffees before that's why I always add Almond Milk. So he explained that coffee should not be bitter and that if it is the coffee is bad. So I figured, "Hey, its worth a try!" I ordered a latte and let me tell you...it was the best latte I have ever had.



You could taste the coffee and it was a little sweet due to the caramelization of the milk,but not from added sugars, syrups, or flavorings. I was so impressed especially since a few days prior I had ordered a latte from Starbucks and could barely drink it due to the high amount of sugar. It just tasted fake and was sickening. This was so different. Sweet, yet not overwhelming at all. And the coffee tasted great! Now granted I've only had one latte there, but I cannot wait to go and get something else. They even have a shelf of coffees that you can choose from that they will fresh brew if you ask them. And the service was exceptional!

So I guess you cannot judge a book from its cover or a coffee shop from your first observation. There just might be a nice surprise waiting for you if you would just give it a chance.

What a great place for those passionate about their coffee!



No comments:

Post a Comment