Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Checkout51.com

In this day and age people are looking to save money anywhere. They stick to a tight budget, make sacrifices, clip and carry around coupons, and skimp on the gouda. (And yes, that WAS a HIMYR reference!) Recently I found a new website that is definitely worth checking out!

Checkout51.com

What's the concept of this website? It's actually quite simple. Each week you can check the website and see what offers are listed for that week. The week's offers change on Wednesday at 11:59pm. For example, some of the offers this past week include bread, eggs, tomatoes, apples, and avocados. But there are also cleaning products, canned products, and some snacks also offered. Next to the offer you will see a price listed. So if you purchase these items you will receive that amount back from your purchase!


Well this all sounds nice and good, but how do you go about getting that money? Simple! Simply take a picture of your receipt from the grocery store with those products on the receipt. But make sure when you take a picture that the receipt is clear and the date MUST be visible. Remember that the offers change every week, so something you bought two weeks ago would not be valid anymore. And if your receipt is too long you can add more than one picture in order to get all of the items included. 



After taking a picture upload it into the website and select the items that you are requesting the money for. For example, this week I bought eggs, apples, and avocados. After sending in my receipt I selected those items. It takes up to, although its never been that long for me, 48 hours for your receipt to be approved! You can see below that I don't have any receipts waiting for approval and that's because I went grocery shopping Monday and they got approved on Tuesday! So I am done for the week. But this is where you would see the amount of receipts waiting for approval. 


I've only had up to two receipts so far because I went to two different stores. The great thing is that you don't have to shop at any specific store. Choose your weapon...is it Costco, Wal*Mart, Giant Eagle, Heinens, Aldi's, Target? Or it is all of them? Doesn't matter, upload as many receipts as you want for that week. I always try to go grocery shopping then jump on the computer right away so that I don't forget and its done and out of the way. And the best news of all, it only takes a few minutes to complete! 


As you can see I've only been doing this for two weeks and have already racked up $3.50. It's not much, but for not doing very much work I know it'll add up quickly. So now I have my electronic money, how do I get my cold hard cash?? They've got a button for that!



After you rack up as least $20 you can cash out and get a check sent to you. Or you could keep racking up your money until you have even more available. Is this something you might want to explore? Why not try it? If you have some skills on the computer, even just a few, then you'll be absolutely fine with this website and endeavor.

Why does this website appeal to me? I do what any good wife does. I look through the coupon books and clip them nicely and organize them. I have them available while grocery shopping then eventually get tired of holding them or irritated as I drop them all over the place so they almost always end up in my pocket. And yes, you've guess it. I scan and pay for my items and walk right out of the store without using any of them despite all of my best efforts to save a little money here or there.  

Yes, I suppose you could use both the clipped coupons AND this website as well. But for those of us who are worthless coupon cutters at least we are getting something back for these purchases. I wanted to spend a few weeks using the system before I recommended it, but so far I am more than happy with it. Why not give it a try? 








No comments:

Post a Comment